Grandpa Curry's family was somewhat of a mystery to me. I don't recall him talking about them with me, and my father never knew that side of the family very well either. I'll try to put in what bits of information I recall from my conversations over the years. Still, it would be interesting to know what the big deal was that kept them from speaking to one another.
This photo is my great-grandfather, William Curry. I never met the man nor did I know anything about him. He looks quite dapper. Could he be a mobster? That's my imagination running amok. I gave my son, Ryan, his name as a middle name. All I know is the Curry's are supposedly Irish. There was some rift alluded to by my grandmother and my father, but it was never spoken of and I never knew enough to ask about it in the time when I could have.
The next three photos are of Clyde Curry. The middle photos is labeled 1917. I wonder what he did? I hope that my research will reveal something because he looks so dressed up nicely. He looks intelligent to me. I hope that's true. He played the trombone, and that tells me that music runs in both sides of my family. Clyde served in World War I. The photo is labeled that way, but I don't have the exact year nor do I know the location of where that photo was taken. It looks like a rural European farmhouse but that really isn't telling me very much.
The next photo is a man and woman. The photo identifies them as "Aunt Hazel, Dad's sister" so that would be my Grandfather Curry's sister, and the man as Uncle Clarence who I then assume to be her husband. Again, I hope research will give me more information. I don't know anything about Hazel. I heard her name occasionally but other than that, nothing that can fill in the blanks. Again, they look like they are well dressed and they don't look as miserable as many photos from this era I've seen. I wonder what their story might be?





No comments:
Post a Comment