Sunday, August 20, 2017

Four generations photo


It was 1980, and it was a pretty rough year.  My daughter, Courtney, was born and within eight months, we had left our home in Washington, D.C., and returned to Wisconsin.  I was raising her as a single mom, and to get by, I was taking care of my dad who had suffered a major stroke.  It worked for a little while, and I was grateful for a place to stay while I tried to pull my life back together.

This generational picture is precious to me.  We have my dad, my grandmother, Leona Curry, (his mother), myself and my daughter, Courtney.

I would love to have a picture of my grand babies in a generational photo but as far as I know, there isn't one.  They are thriving with their foster family in Wisconsin.  I get photos and updates, but it's not the same as seeing them and having a relationship with them.  They are always in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Since I was a teen, I've had a fascination with my family history.  A cousin of my mother's, Elna Horan Newall, was our family'...